In this podcast, we sit down with Brian Jill and discuss how he got into guiding and filmmaking, what goes into producing great content, and his adventures fishing around the world. Brian also discusses his association Florida Fly Guides and the benefit of working with others, the gratification of introducing anglers to the sport of fly fishing, and the importance of organization and preparedness to make a successful trip. We also dive into some crazy stories from being on the road, and how he handles guiding in a highly pressured fishery.
#059 Chris Herrera: Smoking Meat: Battling Cancer, and the Importance of Positivity – Captains Collective Fishing Podcast
- #059 Chris Herrera: Smoking Meat: Battling Cancer, and the Importance of Positivity
- #058: Brian Jill: Traveling the World, Exploring the Unknown, and Dealing with Pressured Fisheries
- #057 Simon Perkins: Learning from the Best, Lowering Walls, and Caring About More than Margins
- #056 Kyle Schaefer: Cold Showers, New England Stripers, and Adapting to Different Environments
- #055 Vince Stegura: Fishing the Waters of Oman and Fighting for Authenticity
Tampa Bay Waterkeeper will be hosting the inaugural Waterman Fly Fishing Tournament in the Tampa Bay area. This is going to be a two-day redfish tournament from March 13-14th, the tournament will be photo submission and span from Sanibel to Crystal River. All proceeds will go towards the Tampa Bay Waterkeeper Organization, who contribute a lot to their fishery.
To learn more about Tampa Bay Waterkeeper, the Waterman Fly Fishing Tournament, regulations, and raffle prizes, head to the link below. Limited space is available. We hope to see you there.
Brian and I got a chance to spend some time on the water together leading up to the interview. We found some large groups of fish in the blistering cold, and enjoyed sharing time on the bow and a few Oyster City beers. Check out a few photos from our day.